With a long history behind us, CÉMOI is committed to the development of a culture of excellence at every stage of the chocolate making process. A commitment that is an integral part of our quality policy and at the heart of our corporate strategy.
Before the network and via oursustainable development programme Transparence Cacao, CÉMOI is committed to the following four quality proirities:
The CEMOI quality system respects the products at every stage of the chain.
- Purchase and control of raw materials
- Control of the production process
- Transport and storage procedures
- Control of finished products
Certification and labels for quality
All our production sites, laboratories and warehouses respect strict regulations in terms of food safety and are all certified in compliance with agri-food standards: HACCP, BRC and IFS.
The following certifications can be found on our CÉMOI products:
- International Food Standard : unique reference and internationally recognised that applies to all stages of the transformation of food products
- BRC Food Certificated: UK label that has established a technical reference for Suppliers of private label products
- Organic farming European label
- Japanese Agricultural Standards: quality and production method regulations on farmed products in Japan
- Halal Certification: production, transformation, packaging and conditions of sale must be lawfully recognised by the islamic law.
- Kosher Certification
The following certifications can be found on our sustainably developed CÉMOI products:
- Rainforest Alliance Certified: Products with this label come from or have ingredients that come from farms or forests certified Rainforest Alliance. These areas are managed according to rigorous environmental, social and economic standards that aim to: protect wild animals, preserve the land and water outlets, protect the workers, their familiies and the local populations and improve their standards of living.
- UTZ Certified : UTZ is a sustainable programme for coffee, cocoa and tea, working with existing brands. The farmers are trained to improve harvests, the quality of their products and their farming efficiency while respecting human rights and the environment.
- Fairtrade : Fair trade commerceis a system of exchange whose aim is to promote greater equity in international trading. It consists of using trading as a means of development and reducing inequality by paying higher prices to the producers
- RSPO : an association whose mission is to promote the growth and use of sustainable palm oil.
- Ecocert : control and certification of products, systems and services that have a positive impact on the environment